Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Blessing Day











We had a wonderful day when we were able to bless little Halle. Greg and I both flew in from Milwaukee, I first went to Idaho and then we met on Saturday in Salt Lake. It was a wonderful trip and the blessing made it all worth it. Halle was her normal beautiful self, she slept most of the time! After being held by so many, she gets tired.








I would be very ungrateful if I didn't say thank you to my Grandma and Mom, for making this beautiful gown for my precious daughter to wear. When I found out I was pregnant I knew I wanted my mom to make the blessing gown because it is such a special event. As it got close to the blessing day, I started looking online to buy a dress because I didn't want to ask my mom because she has arthritis in her hands, and I didn't want it to hurt her. I was browsing one day and found a blog of a lady that had made a gown and I immediately fell in love with it. I showed my mom, and because she is amazing, she asked if I wanted her to make it. I started crying because it was so important to me, and in a jif my mom had bought the fabric and the pattern. It happened to also fall on the weekend of my brothers graduation so my Grandma (my mom's mom) was in town, she is an excellent seamstress as well! They both worked so hard on this dress and it turned out to be more than I could ask for. I love you Grandma! I love you Mom, someday I hope to be half the mom you are!

Everything was a hit and what was more cool, was the fact we were able to bless her on the same day that Karadie and Paul blessed Alex. Karadie and I have become so close, and we hope that our children will be close as well (after all we were pregnant together, and they were born in the same month) but it meant a lot to me that we were able to share that day together. I love you Karadie.

Last but never least I have to thank Devan for preserving these memories in her photos! I am so grateful to have a sister that is able to capture all the moments that I hold so special in my heart! Thanks Devan, I love you!

3 comments:

  1. She looks so beautiful! How you discribe her dress doesn't even do it justice! what a great day it was huh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful Megan as are you! You probably hear this over and over, but I must say you look so much like your Mom (which as you know is a very good thing)! Enjoy being a Mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. megan!! i had no idea you have a blog! i am so excited to catch up on things. love you!

    ReplyDelete